Jodie Whitworth – Brave the Shave!

Jodie Whitworth is hoping for warm weather for the rest of the summer, as she goes hairless to support two worthwhile charities

Cleveleys girl Jodie, who works in Grimes Butchers, is taking part in Brave the Shave – she’s shaving her hair off in August to raise money for Macmillan – and she’s donating her long hair when it’s cut off to the Little Princess Trust. Launched in 2006 it’s a charity which provides real hair wigs for boys and girls who have lost their own hair through cancer treatment.

Jodie says “I saw the MacMillan Cancer Support Brave the Shave advert on tv and it really inspired me, I thought wow…. I really want to participate!

After getting permission from my bosses at work (who were at first very reluctant!) they agreed that it’s all for a good cause. Hopefully I won’t scare off the customers, my shaved head will at least be under a white mesh trilby while I work!

So I signed up, and organised an appointment at my hairdresser to help me with it. My hair will be plaited and cut off ready to donate to the Little Princess Trust, a charity that make wigs for children who have lost their hair through cancer treatment. After the plaits are cut off, whatever is left will be shaved off!

Although I will miss my mane, it’s lovely to know that a child will be given a gift. I’ve got plenty of hair, it grows like the weeds, so I’m lucky in that department.

My shave event is happening on Saturday 27th August and so far on my online account with Brave the Shave I have raised just over £200 plus also another £100 cash donations from friends and family totalling £300.

My bosses at Grimes Butchers have allowed me to put a donation box out at work so customers have been dropping their change in, and I’ve had lots of positive comments and encouragement.

My goal is to raise £500 and I’m not sure I will get to my target, but I’m pleased that people have been generous and donated what they can. ?

Please sponsor Jodie’s Brave the Shave here

You could also pop into Grimes the Butchers in Cleveleys and put a donation in her sponsorship box.

More about Brave the Shave

Brave the Shave is a Macmillan Cancer Support campaign, where men and women are invited to clip off their locks to raise money for the charity, so that the charity can be there to help people with cancer.

If you’d like to follow in Jodie’s footsteps and chop off your hair for charity, all you have to do it sign up to Brave the Shave, pick a date, collect as much sponsorship as you can – and then get clipping!

They even provide sponsorship forms, posters, a natty signature strip for the bottom of your emails, social media images and much more.

Find out More

Sponsor Jodie here

Little Princess Trust

Brave the Shave

Jodie Whitworth - Brave the Shave

Jodie Whitworth, Brave the ShaveIf you know Jodie you’ll know that her hair is normally red – she’s now coloured it brown as the Little Princess Trust require natural coloured hair to make wigs with.

Share on

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Most Recent

here's an amazing range of shops in Cleveleys - with big names and independents, chains, complete one-offs and just about everything you need

Shops in Cleveleys

There's an amazing range of shops in Cleveleys - with big names and independents, chains,...

Recent Updates from Local Businesses

Scroll to Top